Calling All Composers!
Are you looking to get your music performed? Dallas Brass Band is holding a live Composers’ Seminar on Sunday, May 17th, 2020, giving you the opportunity to have your music recorded and performed to a worldwide audience!
- Composers are invited to submit a composition/arrangement or multiple composition/arrangements* of no more than five minutes’ duration. A selection of pieces will be selected by our expert panel to be performed by the band at the seminar on Sunday, May 17th, 2020.
- The selected pieces will be performed by Dallas Brass Band and broadcast live on Facebook. An audio recording will be sent to the composer of each performed piece.
- Composers may not submit more than three pieces, although a maximum of one will be selected for performance.
- Instrumentation should be standard brass band with no more than 4 percussion parts. This should include:
Eb Soprano Cornet, Bb Cornets, Flugel Horn, Eb Tenor (Alto) Horns, Bb Baritones, Bb Trombones, Bass Trombone, Bb Euphonium, Eb Bass, Bb Bass and Percussion.
- There are no restrictions on the style of the music, although particularly technically challenging works may not be considered if they require excessive rehearsal time.
- Submissions should not have been performed or recorded before, but they do not necessarily need to be newly composed works.
- There is not a requirement for composers to attend the seminar, but those who are able to will be more than welcome to.
- The closing dates for entries is Friday, May 1st, 2020. On or before this date candidates should submit the following:
• The entry form (found at the bottom of this page)
• A PDF score
• A midi file of the piece
(please send these to email@example.com)
• A hard copy set consisting of one score, professionally bound, and a full set of band parts to Dallas Brass Band, 8916 Lakewood Drive, Irving, Texas 75063.
• The entry fee of US $25, with a check made payable to ‘Dallas Brass Band’. PayPal payments also accepted. Please note if your composition/arrangement is not selected for performance, you will not be charged the $25 fee.
*Please note if your piece is an arrangement you should have obtained relevant permissions from the original composer or publisher prior to submitting your piece.
Entry forms can be downloaded from https://www.dallasbrassband.org/Dallas%20Brass%20Band%20Composers'%20Seminar%202020-1.pdf